- Complete the FAFSA (if you have not already done so).
- Complete the CSS Profile , Custodial and Noncustodial, if you have not already done so (incoming students only).
- Set up your Ithaca College email account and check it daily.
- Enroll to receive e-communications.
- Add “Authorized Payer(s)” to your QuikPay account.
- Complete the Title IV form.
- All Ithaca College students are required to have health insurance coverage; therefore, they are automatically billed for the College's provided policy. Students who have comparable health insurance have the option to waive our provided plan. Waive or complete enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Program at universityhealthplans.com. The waiver must be completed annually.
Student Financial Services Requirements
Required for All Students
- If you are expecting a refund on aid, enroll in direct deposit on QuikPay.
- Complete the Outside Resources form for any non-Ithaca College funds or scholarships you received.
- Review meal plan options if you reside in the apartments or off campus; those residing on campus already are billed for the Unlimited Meal Plan.
If you have received a notification that you have been selected for verification, please log in to HomerConnect, click on “Financial Aid and Billing,” and review your “Eligibility” page for requirements needed. Visit our selection for verification page for further information.
- Complete the IRS data retrieval for 2018 on the FAFSA for custodial parent(s) OR request the official 2018 Tax Return Transcript directly from the IRS for the custodial parent(s).
- Complete the IRS data retrieval for 2018 on the FAFSA for student OR request the official 2018 Tax Return Transcript directly from the IRS for the student.
- Submit copies of the 2018 federally issued W2s for the parent(s).
- Submit copies of the 2018 federally issued W2s for the student.
- Complete the Verification Worksheet for dependent students or independent students.
- Review and accept or decline your financial aid eligibility on HomerConnect.
- Complete Federal Direct subsidized/unsubsidized entrance counseling at studentaid.gov.
- Sign the Federal Direct subsidized/unsubsidized Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov.
- Review information regarding the Parent PLUS loan and application process.
- Sign the Parent PLUS loan Master Promissory Note.
- Review information regarding private loans and application process.
- New York State residents: Complete and review the NYS Tap application.
- Review your online billing statement and due dates.
- Enroll in the Nelnet payment plan if you prefer to pay monthly.
- Create “Authorized Party” access for the Nelnet payment plan (if you wish to pay monthly).
- If you are paying by check, include the student’s name and Ithaca College ID number on the check.
- If you are paying using 529 funds, contact the company early and have it mail payment directly to Ithaca College; the student’s name and ID number should be included on the check. Transactions can take over a week to complete.
Contact Us with Questions
Monday–Wednesday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
Thursday 11:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
Friday 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. ET
Phones are unattended daily during lunch hour 12:30–1:30 p.m.