- Log into Homer Connect
- Select ‘Billing and Payment’ from the left-hand menu
- Select ‘Financial Aid and Student Account Information’
- Select ‘Pay Online, View Account, & Create/Review Direct Deposit’
- Select ‘Manage Refunds’ and click on ‘Manage My Refunds’
- Enter your checking or savings account number and financial institution routing number very carefully.
Request a Refund
Setting Up Your Account for Direct Deposit
Submitting the Refund Request
- Select ‘Billing and Payment’
- Select ‘Financial Aid and Student Account Information'
- Select ‘Request Refund from Student Account’. You should see the amount that you are due and note that you must accept the full amount.
- Choose your method of refund: Direct Deposit or Mailed Check
- Direct Deposit: This will send the funds to the bank account you entered previously. It can take 2-3 business days for the transfer to be completed, depending on the bank or financial institution.
- Mailed Check: This will send the money by check to the permanent address on file. Checks are printed on Tuesdays only. Mailed checks will arrive according to the speed of the mail system they’re being sent through and the distance they’re going.
Requesting an Aid Advance
If you are expecting a credit balance on your account when your financial aid comes in and all expenses are covered, we may be able to provide an advance on that credit to help you cover some expenses. You may request an advance beginning ten days prior to the start of the semester via Homer Connect.
The maximum amount you may request depends on the anticipated credit you will receive but cannot exceed $2,000. You can receive up to two aid advances every 60 days in a semester.
No advance will be approved until you have the resources to cover your bill (anticipated monthly tuition plan payments are not considered) and all unsatisfied requirements listed in Homer Connect have been completed. If you receive an advance and the college for any reason does not receive a source of financial aid, it is your responsibility to pay the college any balance due.