Graduate Financial Aid

Federal Direct Loans

If you wish to be considered for a federal loan, you must first submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and request that the analysis be sent to Ithaca College. Ithaca College's school code for the FAFSA is 002739.

Once you receive our financial aid package, you will need to accept any offer of a Direct Loan in HomerConnect.

All federal Direct Loans will be disbursed in two equal amounts—one for the fall semester and one for the spring semester. Financial planning for payment of your fall and spring semester bills should be based on the expectation that one-half of the total approved loan can be used each semester. Federal Direct Loan funds are sent electronically to Ithaca College.

View your financial aid information in HomerConnect. It is your responsibility to see if your funds have been applied to your account. You must be registered for classes before a refund can be issued to you.

Federal Graduate Direct Plus Loans

As with other federal loans, you must have a completed FAFSA on file with the Office of Student Financial Services. You must also be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and be matriculated and attending Ithaca College at least half time. You will need to complete a Direct Plus Loan Request. For more information, visit the Student Financial Services website.

Alternative Loans

Several major banks offer educational loan programs at conventional or reduced interest rates. Please consult with your bank to see if such a plan is available. You should always consider the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan program. Additional information on alternative loans and the Graduate PLUS Loan can be found on the Student Financial Services website.


With permission of the professor and graduate chair, you may audit a course. The fee to audit is 10 percent of the current undergraduate tuition rate, per credit hour. No credit is earned when you audit, but the course will appear on your transcript as "AU." The audit option is not available during the winter or summer sessions.