NOTE: EARLY FRIDAY CLOSURES, DECEMBER 2020
In alignment with the college's Early Friday closures in December (12/4, 12/11, 12/18), IC Mail Service will not be performing the daily DEPARTMENTAL delivery/pickups on those dates. Instead, automated notification emails will be sent to recipients when items are available for pickup at the Mail Center (open until 3pm). Regular deliveries/pickups will resume on the following Monday.
In consultation with the offices of Public Safety, Facilities, and the Administration, the following departmental designations have been established to support College operations appropriately (listed in no particular order).
- Dining Services
- Public Safety
- Residential Life
- Information Technology
- Hammond Health Center
- PRW (assorted departments)
- Alumni Hall (assorted departments)
- Programs with ON-CAMPUS Instruction
- Athletic Training
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Human Anatomy Lab
These departments will receive daily letter mail and package deliveries. It is expected that these will take place in the afternoon - after outside carriers have delivered to the College - and that Mail Services will pick up any outgoing items at that time.
Staff and Faculty who work for Departments which are not found on this list, CLICK HERE for information on how your mail and packages are handled during this time.
PACKAGE DELIVERY NOTIFICATIONS
IC Mail Service’s SQBX package tracking system generates automated email notifications when packages have been delivered to the established departmental mail stop for each recipient.
- Automated email notifications are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “IC Mail Service delivery dropped off at your department.” These messages should not be flagged as spam/junk, phishing attempts, etc.
- Email recipients are either the employee as named on the package’s shipping label, or, if no person’s name is provided, the name of the Department on the label. Department notifications default to the most logical email address that Mail Service can identify via the Department’s official IC webpage, or the IC Directory.
- This system is for trackable packages only. Regular letter mail is not trackable, and is not processed like packages, nor generates email notifications when delivered.