Summer Admission Categories

Ithaca College degree students – Students who are currently enrolled in courses and matriculated at Ithaca College in an undergraduate or graduate degree program and who have registered for courses at Ithaca College before summer 2013.

Incoming students – Students who are formally accepted as degree students at Ithaca College but have not enrolled in courses before summer 2013. This includes incoming freshmen, new graduate students, and transfer students.

Extramural students – Students who enroll on a course-by-course basis. Extramural students must have graduated from high school or hold a GED to register for undergraduate courses. Students who register for graduate-level courses must have earned a bachelor's or higher degree and must obtain the approval of the department's graduate program chair. Enrollment in summer session courses at Ithaca College as an extramural student does not imply acceptance into a degree program at Ithaca College.

International students – International students are welcome to register for summer session courses at Ithaca College. An international student must, however, have his or her visa eligibility and financial status approved by the Office of International Programs. Students whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score satisfactorily to demonstrate a command of English. Additional information is available from the Office of International Programs, Ithaca College, 214-2 Center for Health Sciences, Ithaca, NY 14850-7150; phone 607-274-3306; e-mail intlprog@ithaca.edu.

Adult students – Advising and referral are available for anyone over 25 who wishes to begin or resume college study. Contact the Office of Extended Studies.

High school students – Qualified local high school students may register in selected undergraduate courses with special permission. Contact the Office of Extended Studies. Registration

Continuing Ithaca College matriculated students should register online for their summer courses using Homer, the student information system. Extramural and incoming students and students registering for workshops or any type of individual study (internship, independent study, or performance study) must register through the Office of Extended Studies.

Extramural students who wish to register in graduate-level courses must obtain the approval of the department's graduate program chair before they register.

Enrollment in performance study must be approved by the School of Music before a student registers. Registration Procedures for Independent Studies and Internships

Enrollment in independent studies and internships during the summer or winter intersession is by permission only. A student must formally register before he or she begins the study or internship. Students should contact their school dean's office to learn the registration process.

Last Updated: May 16, 2013