Award for Project Completion -- Spring 2019
The James B. Pendleton Photography awards are intended to make our strongest photography projects exhibition ready by providing funding for the finishing costs of students’ projects.
- Student must be enrolled in a 300- or 400-level photography
course in the Park School of Communications.
- The deadline to submit materials for the competitively awarded
James B. Pendleton Photography Award is Monday, March 25,
2019. Submissions are due by 5:00 p.m. on or before that
date in Karen Armstrong's office, Park 364.
- There is no application form. In order to be considered for a
monetary award, you must submit a portfolio of ten prints that
represents your work-in-progress. Although “work
prints” are acceptable, make certain the quality of the print
is good enough to communicate the meaning of the image. Unless your
final images are intended to be smaller than 8”x10”,
your portfolio should be printed at least that size or larger. Your
submission should include a detailed proposed budget, and a
statement contextualizing your work.
- Award decisions will be announced within 14 days of submission
- Recipients agree to make their work available for a Pendleton
Grants exhibition in the photography gallery at the beginning of
the semester following receipt of the award. If your work is
selected for the show you will be contacted prior to the end of the
semester in which the award is granted.
- In order to receive the final $100 of their award, recipients must submit a USB 3 thumb drive documenting the project funded by this award. Digital files should be in JPEG format, 1000 pixels on their longest axis.