Handicapped Parking Requests

Persons requiring a permit for mobility impaired needs should contact their local town/village/city office of their home residence jurisdiction for issuance of a state permit. Information regarding mobility impaired permits can be found at NYS DMV – form MV-664.1

It will be an unusual instance for the Student Health Services MDs/PAs/NPs to be the primary issuing professional for a handicap permit.  The professional who should be responsible for initiating & completing the form for the patient should be the person who is making the decision, i.e.-- the orthopedic doctor who is consulted, or the primary care physician treating the chronic illness, etc.

For further information on obtaining a handicap permit while you are here in Ithaca:

  • If you reside on campus, which is in the Town of Ithaca, you will need to report to the Town of Ithaca Clerk at 215 N. Tioga Street, Ithaca. (607-273-1721)
  • If you reside off campus, you need to report to the jurisdiction of your off campus housing.
  • If you reside in the City of Ithaca, you need to report to the City Clerk's Office located at 108 East Green Street, Ithaca.  (607-274-6570)
  • If you reside in a township such as Danby, Caroline etc., you need to report to the clerk's office for the township.