The Chi Xi chapter of Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) was installed at Ithaca College in 1992 and has more than 200,000 past and present members. Founded in 1922 at Oklahoma City University, TriBeta has evolved to become a nationally recognized professional honor society whose purposes are to promote scholarship in the biological sciences, growth in biological knowledge and to encourage research.
- Rituals and complete details are available on the BBB's web page.
Regular membership: 3.0 cumulative GPA and at least 3 semesters of Biology, with a least a B average in Biology classes. Fee is $50 for a lifetime membership.
Associate membership: open to anyone. Fee is $40 If you are currently an Associate, but have now met the requirements for Regular membership, an additional $10 will get you promoted to a Regular membership
In the spring you you will be able to apply for membership for Tri-Beta (biological honor society).
Details available at that time.
Benefits for all Active Members:
- Excellent honor to list on your resume/CV and applications.
- Receive a subscription to BIOS (a journal where members can publish their undergraduate work) *
- Receive a cord to wear at graduation**
- Can apply for research scholarships
- Can apply for awards based on research
- Be part of a national organization with students also interested in biology
- Attend a member installation banquet
- And, of course, you can become a Tri-Beta officer!
* Regular members will receive a two-year subscription to BIOS from the date of initiation into the Society. Associate members a one year subscription, from the date of initiation into the Society.
** Applies only to active, regular graduating Seniors.