Dates and info coming soon.
February 2023 Women in Math Day
Saturday, February 5, 2022
The IC Women in Math Day is a day designed for female high school students and their families to engage with interesting mathematical ideas and to learn more about careers that incorporate mathematics. It is open to all interested students in grades 7 - 12 and their parents/guardians. This year, the event will be held remotely and will center around a career panel of women who use mathematics in their work and small group discussions with current Ithaca College math majors.
There is no cost to participate!
This event is sponsored by MAA Tensor Grant program for Women in Mathematics, the Ithaca College Math Department, and Ithaca College Alumni Relations.
By registering, you will receive the information to be able to join the Zoom room where the event will take place. Use the appropriate link below to register. We ask that you register by Friday, February 4, 2022.
- If you are a student, use this link for registration: https://connect.ithaca.edu/register/?id=f35bf6ad-f625-4886-a60c-546b8ed07912
- If you are a teacher/counselor, use this link for registration: https://connect.ithaca.edu/register/?id=a53f0524-2271-41f9-8f04-caa907ba0462
If you have questions, or would like to edit your registration, please contact Megan Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Events
- 11 - 11:15: Small Group Introductions with IC Math Majors
- 11:15 - 12: Career Panel
- Melissa McGahan, Mathematics Teacher, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School (IC class of '18)
- Tulia Plumettaz, Director, Machine Learning at Wayfair
- Noelle Sullivan, Credit Specialist, L'Oréal (IC class of '19)
- Caitlin Wormsley, Data Engineer, Lyft (IC class of '16)
- 12 - 12:30: Small Group Discussions with Panelists
This event will be held remotely via Zoom. Those that are registered will receive an email with the meeting link.
Poster for Advertising:
If you would like to spread the word about this event, we have provided a printable poster below!