The steps below are applicable for first-time driver approval only.
Students must complete, in the order listed, the following steps to become approved to drive College Vehicles:
- Read the Ithaca College Student Driver Handbook.
- Become familiar with the Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy.
- Complete the Driver Safety Fundamentals, United Educators (UE) online safety course; allow two (2) hours to register, complete the safety course, and take the test. UE is a resource to offer driver safety awareness and training; the course is not meant to completely fulfill each institution's needs, but rather it enhances driver awareness. The Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy and the Student Driver Handbook always supersede, so it is important to be familiar with the policies and procedures contained within.
- View instructions to complete the UE Student Driver Safety Course. Note steps 11 - 13 to print the course transcript.
- Be sure to save a PDF of the UE course completion certificate to upload to the Driver Information Form. This is required in order to process your MVR.
- Submit a Driver Information Form to Risk Management.
Below are a few instances where the UE training differs from College Policy/Procedures:
- Students are restricted to SUVs that do not exceed an 8-person occupancy limit.
- Students are restricted to mini-vans that do not exceed an 8-person occupancy.
- College vehicles may not have all emergency equipment referenced in the training.
- Student drivers cannot exceed three hours of driving before switching to another driver.
The student and their respective supervisor will be notified, via email, regarding the student's driving status.