Fred Kastenbaum PreHealth Award
Two $500 awards are granted each academic year by the Premed Committee.
- Typically one award will be granted each semester.
The award is to be used for assistance with preparation for the required standardized exams associated with admittance to graduate health programs such as: MCAT, DAT, OAT, GRE
- Students submit a 500 word essay on their career goals and motivation towards that goal
- Resume (include any appropriate shadowing or other health-related experiences)
- Students must indicate how the award money will be used (commercial prep courses, prep materials, registration fees, etc.) and when they will be taking the exams
- Students must submit a copy of their most recent transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
Criteria for award:
- Clear indication of career goals and reasons for pursuing those goals
- Clear indication of how the money will be used to prepare for the exams
- Record of academic performance that is competitive for admission to the indicated graduate program
Deadlines for submission will be posted above.
The official application form is available here.