Public Safety sponsors a variety of programs and presentations throughout the year to inform students and employees about emergency management, fire safety, and campus security programs, procedures, and practices. A common theme of all the security awareness and crime prevention programs is to encourage students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others.
Programming includes the following:
- Bringing in the Bystander
- Behind Closed Doors (familiarization with drugs, weapons and trends);
- Self-Defense Workshop;
- Sexual Assault Familiarization and Awareness;
- Alcohol and other Drugs;
- Don’t Just Stand There (bystander emergency skills workshop);
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (College Emergency Response Plan and Crisis Communications);
- Fire Extinguisher Training;
- Fire Safety;
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED)
Additionally, Public Safety personnel chair and/or participate in the College’s Advisory Committee on Campus Security and Campus Life.