Public Safety sponsors a variety of programs and presentations throughout the year to inform students and employees about emergency management, fire safety, and campus security programs, procedures, and practices. A common theme of all the security awareness and crime prevention programs is to encourage and empower students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others.
Programs include but are not limited to:
- Residential Life Officer Liaison Program;
- First-Year Seminar Bystander Intervention Workshop;
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training;
- Behind Closed Doors (familiarization with drugs, weapons and trends);
- Self-Defense Workshops;
- Sexual Violence Education;
- Alcohol and other Drugs Programming;
- Crime Prevention Education;
- Fire Extinguisher Training;
- Fire Safety;
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) Assessments
Additionally, Public Safety members have leadership roles in the College’s Advisory Committee on Campus Security and Campus Life, the Prevention Education Network, Alcohol and Other Drugs Committee, Compliance Committee for Title IX, Clery Act and Drug-Free Schools, ICare Team, and more.