Media Production - Film Shoot Request Forms

Special Notice Related to COVID-19

On-campus film and media productions will not be permitted during the fall 2020 semester. This includes all campus buildings, parking lots, athletic fields, dorms, the Natural Lands, and grassy communal areas.

COVID-19 Requirements for Off-Campus Film and Media Productions

You must comply with all NYS requirements related to Media Productions and COVID-19. You can find the NYS requirements here. Once the link opens please scroll down to the Media Production Area or select Media Production on the left navigation panel. You will be required to review the content in the following section: View Summary Guidelines. Following your review of these guidelines, you are expected to prepare a Safety Protocol Document that addresses each location/day scheduled in your shoot/production and that provides detailed plans for how you will satisfy the "Mandatory" requirements for safety for each location We recognize this will involve additional work on the part of the Producers/Safety Managers for each film/media shoot; however, this is a MANDATORY NYS requirement to which the College and its Students must comply. If the appropriate Safety Protocol Document is not provided, the shoot will NOT be permitted to move forward. We thank you for your understanding and assistance with the process and view this as an additional educational opportunity for our students. The Safety Protocol Document must be emailed to the following:,,,

Please submit the application form a minimum of 21 business days before the production/shoot is scheduled; due to the content and/or type of props, some shoots may require additional review time.

After you complete and submit the appropriate form, the Dean's Office will begin a review; and in some instances, The Offices of Public Safety, Risk Management, and General Counsel may need to review a shoot/production. Upon completion of all reviews you will receive a communication from the Dean's Office and/or Risk Management containing recommendations/guidance for your production, do not move forward with filming until you receive confirmation.

  • Important: Each form allows you to provide information for up to three locations. This eliminates the need for you to complete multiple forms for a single media production/film shoot. It is important that you break down your shoot by each filming location, for example; if you will be shooting in NYC, over the course of a week, in a park, on a street and at a restaurant each distinct location should be separate in the online form and show the dates for that location only.

On-Campus Media Production

Please complete the On-Campus Film / Media Production form for any on-campus productions and shoots.

For productions on the Natural Lands, please contact Jake Brenner to discuss your specific location and proposed activity, kindly confirm you have done so, preferably in the online request form. For other locations use 25Live, Conference and/or Event Services, and for parking lots contact Parking Services.

Off-Campus Media Production / Shoots

Please complete the Off-Campus Film / Media Production form for any off-campus productions and shoots.

The Dean's Office will expect confirmation you have made contact with and/or received permission from the location owner(s) or manager(s). Be sure to communicate the status in the online form.

To expedite the process, below are links for the City of Ithaca and the New York State Parks. Both entities have a formal approval process, which must be completed before you will receive a permit granting permission to film.

  • City of Ithaca filming permit requests: Students must complete the Request to Film on City Property Application. The application will be reviewed, then distributed to all affected departments (i.e. Parking Director if in a garage, Chief of Police if on a street, etc.).
    • Please allow sufficient time for review.
    • Do not make contact with City Officials directly as that will only delay your approval.
    • If approved, a certificate of insurance will be issued to the City when applicable.
    • You do not need to have a certificate of insurance in order to submit the online request form to the City.
    • Upon approval by the City of Ithaca, the College will supply the required proof of insurance.
  • New York State Park Film Permit: Students need to download and complete the New York State Park Film Permit.
    • Students are not authorized to sign this permit application on behalf of the College. You must work with the Dean's Office.
    • Upon approval, a certificate of insurance will be issued when applicable.