Confidentiality Notice: Faculty and Staff have a responsibility to maintain confidentiality around student accommodations and any disabling conditions they may self-disclose. Accommodation information is released on a need-to-know basis to ensure the student's equal access to the College and to assure compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Faculty are an integral part of accommodations and the interactive process. We welcome faculty members to reach out to SAS in order to:
- Ask questions regarding a student’s academic adjustment plan
- Discuss fundamental course requirements
- Have an SAS team member join a department meeting
- Request information about disabilities and potential impacts in college
- Consult about incorporating universal design principles to mitigate obstacles for all types of learners
- Share general information about accommodating students with disabilities in the college setting.