THIS INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE FOR FIRST TIME DRIVER APPROVAL ONLY.
► NOTE: IF YOU NEED TO RENEW YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE PLEASE REFER TO DRIVING COLLEGE OWNED AND RENTED VEHICLES FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
Be sure to review the Student Driving requirements contained in the Driving College Owned and Rented Vehicles Section in addition to the steps listed below.
Students must complete, in the order listed, the following to become approved to drive College Vehicles:
- Read the Ithaca College Student Driver Handbook.
- Become familiar with the Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy.
- Complete the United Educators (UE) online safety course; allow two (2) hours to register, complete the safety course and take the test.
- Provide the course completion certificate from the UE Website to the Office of Risk Management. (Required in order to process your MVR.)
- Submit a Driver Information Form to Risk Management. Electronic signatures are NOT accepted.
The instructions for the online UE Student Driver Safety Course can be found here. Pay attention to steps 13 & 14 in order to print the correct course transcript.
The link for accessing the UE Student Driver Course can be found here. (Note: This is only for first time approval)
As of 08/04/2014 the mandatory Student Driver Safety Course is offered online through United Educators.
* United Educators is a resource to offer driver safety awareness and training; the course is not meant to completely fulfill each institution's needs, but rather it enhances driver awareness. The Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy and the Student Driver Handbook always supersede, so it is important to be familiar with the policies and procedures contained within.
As an example; below are a few instances where the online training differs:
- Students are restricted to mini-vans that do not exceed a 7 person occupancy limit.
- College vehicles do not currently have all emergency equipment referenced in the training.
- Student drivers cannot exceed three hours of driving before switching to another driver.