THE STEPS BELOW ARE APPLICABLE FOR FIRST TIME DRIVER APPROVAL ONLY.
► NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO RENEW YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE PLEASE REFER TO DRIVING COLLEGE OWNED AND RENTED VEHICLES FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
Students must complete, in the order listed, the following steps to become approved to drive College Vehicles:
- Read the Ithaca College Student Driver Handbook.
- Become familiar with the Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy.
- Complete the United Educators (UE) online safety course; allow two (2) hours to register, complete the safety course and take the test.
- Provide the course completion certificate from the UE Website to the Office of Risk Management. (Required in order to process your MVR.)
- Submit a Driver Information
Form to Risk Management. Electronic signatures are NOT
The instructions for the online UE Student Driver Safety Course
can be found here.
Be sure to note the instructions, steps 13 & 14, to print the course transcript.
The link for accessing the UE Student Driver Course can be found here. (As of 08/04/14 the mandatory Student Driver Safety Course is offered online through UE)
* United Educators is a resource to offer driver safety awareness and training; the course is not meant to completely fulfill each institution's needs, but rather it enhances driver awareness. The Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy and the Student Driver Handbook always supersede, so it is important to be familiar with the policies and procedures contained within.
Below are a few instances where the online training differs from College Policy/Procedures:
- Students are restricted to SUV's that do not exceed an 8 person occupancy limit.
- College vehicles do not currently have all emergency equipment referenced in the training.
- Student drivers cannot exceed three hours of driving before switching to another driver.